Friday, April 20, 2007

My Pottery class

Well this is my very first pot I made in Pottery class, I was not sure if I liked it but my instrutor said I better keep it because it was my first.
This is a sculpture I am presently working on I call it A Mothers Love as you can see it is not glazed or fired I am still refining it here at home and then when it is dry I will take it in and have it fired the first time and then decide if I want to glaze it...

This is my first carving I made it for Heather and she has not seen it yet , but I guess if she looks on here she will see it .. the funny thing is that I made it over a month ago and by the time it dried I had it sitting in the drying cupboard to be fired the first time and when I got it back to glaze after the first firing ther were two other pregnant figures on the shelf one with a child one with out... So I guess they must have liked my idea or there is something in the water at pottery class... I have a few serving dishes being fired now and a pitcher.. I am working on a sculpture for my friends wedding in June , as with A Mothers Love sculpture I call them family Roots as the bottoms look like they are a tree... till next time
Keep your friends close and your enimies closer...



No comments: